Thursday, July 7, 2011

Learn More About Us

The math we do in our competitions are addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. On each team there are eight or more people. The first person from goes up to the front desk, and Mr. Cooper gives the two people a math problem. Whoever says the product first gets a point. When I get a turn, I am really in a hurry to say the product first before the other person beside me. The next time I get a turn I’m gonna  get it first.
Brailah, 4th grade MYOB Summer Camper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At camp, we have math competitions, like one side of the room goes against the other side of the room. And Ms.Bre’ or Mr. Cooper takes score. Ms. Bre’ is our AmeriCorps teacher, and Mr.Cooper is our summer camp teacher here. Sometimes for the competitions we do adding, subtraction, and multiplication, and we’re working on rounding numbers, too. 
Kayla G., 4th grade MYOB Summer Camper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The highlight of mind your own business summer camp to me is our afternoon class.  In our afternoon class, the highlight moment to me was when we were making a talk show. While getting ready to show Mrs. Stacie the talk show, I noticed I couldn’t do it alone, so Kayla M. helped me. Now I know I can do it with a little help.
Kennedy, 4th grade MYOB Summer Camper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MYOB summer camp is educational because in the morning time we learn math, reading, science, and writing. We try so hard to be the best we can be. I have improved my multiplication.
Imarai, 5th grade MYOB Summer Camper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In summer camp we have been on a lot of field trips. The first field trip we went to was Law School. The 5th graders only went there. The second field trip that the whole summer camp went to was the movies. We went to go see Cars 2nd. Last Friday we went to the Pinnacle Mountain. The last field trip is going to be the funniest. We are going to go to Wild River Country!!!!! All of the field trips that we went to were fun. I bet Wild River Country would be a BLAST!! Thank you for reading my paragraph!!! ;)
Maria, 5th grade MYOB Summer Camper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 It is important for students to have summer learning because 90% percent of the class might lose what they learn last year. There are some things you can learn from going to a summer camp. You can learn how to make frames and how to start a company, and you can learn other things too.
 Well I hope you come to this blog again soon.        
Michelle, 5th grade MYOB Summer Camper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment: